More than 80% of all motorcycle accidents result in injury or death. In the State of Washington during 2009 there were 69 fatalities related to Washington motorcycle accidents. Of the 69 fatalities 23 were because of alcohol and drugs, 9 were because of not using a helmet, and 39 were because of speeding. Road accidents, including motorcycle accidents, typically occur because of negligence. About one third of multi-vehicle motorcycle crashes are a result of other motorists turning into the path of the motorcycle. Other injuries and fatalities are caused by unsafe or defective equipment, or poorly maintained property or roads. Often times injuries received in a motorcycle accident are serious, long-lasting and catastrophic because of the lack of any substantial protective barriers between a motorcycle and the road. If you or a loved one has been injured in a motorcycle crash, the Seattle motorcycle accident attorneys at Wattel & York, Attorneys At Law, can help you receive compensation for medical costs, future medical expenses, lost income, future loss of earning capacity, as well as for pain and suffering. Contact our office today at 877-572-4143 for a free legal consultation.
Washington State has specific laws pertaining to motorcycle owners and bikers. Some important Washington State motorcycle laws include:
- Safety helmets must be worn
- Eye protection must be worn unless the motorcycle is equipped with a windscreen
- Headlights must be used during the daytime
- A passenger seat is required if the rider is carrying a passenger
- Passengers under the age of 5 are prohibited
- Motorcycles must not be operated with more than two side-by-side in a single lane
- A motorcyclist must not overtake and pass in the same lane occupied by the vehicle being overtaken
- A motorcyclist must not operate a motorcycle between lanes of traffic, or between adjacent lines or rows of vehicles.
- Turn signals are required if the motorcycle was originally equipped with them
- A muffler is required
- The handlebar must be no higher than 30” above the seat
If you or a loved one have been injured in a motorcycle accident, the most important step in protecting your legal rights is to contact a skilled Seattle motorcycle attorney at Wattel & York to discuss your case. Our experienced motorcycle attorneys will be able to help you with any issues in your claim, including compliance with traffic laws, motor vehicle registrations, medical treatment issues, and liability determinations. Call today at 877-572-4143.
Important steps you should take immediately following a motorcycle accident include:
- Remain at the scene of the accident
- Call 911 or have someone else call the police for you
- File a police report as soon as the officers arrive to the scene
- Seek immediate medical attention, even if you think you are not injured
- Obtain information of the other driver involved including names, phone numbers, addresses, drivers’ license numbers, license plate numbers, and basic insurance information
- Obtain information on any witnesses
- Contact your insurance company
- Seek legal assistance from an experienced Seattle motorcycle attorney at Wattel & York, Attorneys At Law
In legal matters, such as discussing the professional aspects of attorneys’ work in Seattle, competence and professionalism are crucial. When it comes to composing a seminar paper on this topic, it can be beneficial to seek assistance from experts. Professional ghostwriter österreich can be a valuable tool for crafting high-quality texts, enabling students to delve deeper into the subject matter and express their thoughts more clearly and persuasively.
Motorcycle accidents are undoubtedly traumatic and costly experiences. If you find yourself the victim of a motorcycle accident, consult attorneys trained in the rules and regulations governing motorcycle accidents. At Wattel & York, Attorneys At Law, we have extensive experience handling traffic-related accident cases and use our expert knowledge and dedication to make sure you are rightfully compensated. Our attorneys serve Seattle, Tacoma, and all of Washington. A lawsuit must be filed before the statute of limitations expires. Call a Seattle motorcycle accident attorney now at 877-572-4143.